Middlesex in the United Kingdom was established as a University in 1992. The history of Middlesex University began in the late 1880’s, when two educational institutions opened their doors in north London – St Katherine’s College and the Hornsey School of Arts and Crafts. Middlesex was awarded the title ‘University’ by Royal Assent in 1992.
In the year 2005, Middlesex University opened its first overseas campus in Dubai, U.A.E. Today, Middlesex University Dubai is widely recognized as an excellent institution for higher education with an outstanding academic credential and highly employable and successful graduates. The university has an impeccable record of accomplishment and is regarded as one of the premium educational institutions across the world.
The Middlesex University Dubai campus serves as the best platform where promising students and the best teachers from all over converge. It produces thought leaders and innovative thinkers. The coveted educational degrees equips students with essential academic skills so that they may utilize them to serve the community at every level.
The modern-day styled accommodation for the students is located just ten minutes away from the University’s campus and right in the centre of Dubai with a thriving network of amenities within walking distance.
Under the gifted aegis of Professor Tim Blackman, Vice-Chancellor of Middlesex University, U.A.E, the university offers a wide gamut of Undergraduate and Post-graduate programmes in Health and Education, Art & Design, Media, Law, Science & Technology and Business.
Dr. Cedwyn Fernandesholds the prestigious post ofPro Vice-Chancellor and Director at Middlesex University Dubai.
Dr.Cedwyn’s research interests are focused in the areas of macroeconomics, international business management, and supply chain management. He has been a judge at the SCATA Supply Chain Awards, the LOG ME and Airline Business Awards and is a regular speaker at industry events.
Dr. Cedwynholds memberships in Professional bodies and associations such as:
- Indian Economic Association (IEA)
- Academy of International Business (AIB)
- Consultative Committee – Supply Chain & Logistics Group (SCLG)
Given his long-spanning academic career, Dr. Cedwynhas received many notable awards and achievements:
- 2008 – Best Paper Award at First International Business Conference (IBC2008), Detroit Metropolitan, Michigan, USA
- 2007 – Finalist Dubai Economic Research Award.
- 2006 – Research Excellence Award – University of Wollongong
- 2005 – Finalist, Dubai Economic Research Award, sponsored by Dubai Economic Department. Ranked among top seven out of 158 competitive papers. Presented in Award Ceremony.
- 2004 – Best Paper Award. The European Applied Business Research Conference, Edinburgh, Scotland, June 14-18