India’s medal tally has gone up to 10 as 5 more medals were earned on Tuesday, August 22. Let’s be up-to-date with the results of these three days.
- The 1st medal for India was bronze, won by the pair of shooters Apurvi Chandela and Ravi Kumar in mixed rifle event.
- Then came the gold in the 65kg wrestling category from Bajrang Punia. The Haryana boy beat Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Mongolia and Japan in the final earn the well-deserved medal.
- Vinesh Phogat defeated Yuki by 6-2 in the 50kg wrestling category to win the 2nd ggold for India in the 18th Asian games.
- Earlier that day, 33 year old Deepak Kumar and 20 year old Lakshay won individual silvers in 10m air rifle and men’s trap categories respectively.
- This was an eventful day for India as many medals were added to the tally on this very day.
- Saurabh Chaudhary, 16, secured the 3rd gold in 10m air pistol event.
- Abhishek Verma won bronze in the same event.
- Sanjeev Rajput earned silver in Men’s 550m Rifle 3 positions category.
- India stunned the world as Men’s Team Regu grabbed the bronze medal in the unfamiliar category of Sepaktakraw.
- Wrestler Divya Kakran clinched the bronze in Women’s 68kg freestyle event.
Best wishes to all the winners and other athletes who are making the nation pride with their performances in the 18th Asian Games in Jakarta, Indonesia.