JEE Main is a national-level exam, and hence there are some guidelines that one must follow on the exam day to avoid any hiccups during the exam. NTA has already concluded the JEE Main February and March session. With the JEE Main Exam Dates for April Session near, aspirants must look at the Exam Day Guidelines.
The NTA has developed and released a set of rules and regulations that all applicants must follow on the JEE Main 2021 exam. There are guidelines prior to the COVID-19 outbreak in India, which one must follow while taking the exam. Read this page till the end so that one does not miss any important guideline on the JEE Main Exam Dates.
Covid-19 Guidelines for Students on JEE Main 2021 Exam Day
The Covid-19 guidelines on the JEE Main Exam Dates are as follows-
1. Students will have to use a hand sanitizer at the entry to wash their hands.
2. Also, the exam authorities will arrange for Hand Sanitisers and Face Mask at the exam venue.
3. One will have to remove the personal mask and wear fresh masks provided by the authorities while entering the hall. The students will have to maintain social distancing at the premise.
4. At the time of entry during the JEE Main Exam Dates, the exam authorities will check the body temperature (using Thermos Guns) and the duly filled Undertaking along with the Admit Card.
- Arch aspirants are allowed to bring their own geometry box and water colors on exam day.
Check the JEE Main COVID-19 Advisory form the link mentioned here: COVID-19 Advisory.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Rules
On the JEE Main 2021 exam day, there is a range of rules that one must obey. The rules range from the dress code to things to carry on the exam day, and documentation. for the test. With regards to documentation, applicants must keep their documents handy before the JEE Main Exam Dates. Adding to that they must follow the other necessary guidelines as mentioned below.
What to carry on the JEE Main 2021 Exam Day?
The first step in ensuring that you can take the JEE Main exam without difficulty is to carry all of the necessary documents to the examination hall, which include:
- JEE Main Admit Card 2021: Applicants must carry the JEE Main 2021 admit card on the exam day. They should double-check that all of the details on the admit card are true. Check your name, paper, date of birth, gender, test center name, city and state code of eligibility, and category, and etc. If one has any questions about the details on their admit card, then they must contact NTA.
- Self Declaration: One must also carry the Self-Declaration (duly filled in) along with the JEE Main Admit Card. One has to paste one passport size photograph and left thumb impression in the respective spaces allowed in the declaration form.
- Valid ID Card – Applicants must carry a valid photo id proof such as an Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, Pan Card, Voter ID Card, and Passport.
- Applicants belonging to the class PwD must apply for a valid PwD certificate issued by a competent authority.
- Arch applicants will have to carry their geometry box.
Things Not to Carry on the JEE Main Exam Day
In case you are one of those who have brought unnecessary substances as mentioned above, you will have to leave them outside the hall. The following objects will get barred from being carried into an examination hall.
1. The JEE Main applicants are not permitted to bring bags into the exam hall. The exam authorities would also not be held responsible for any object or material damaged or stolen from the examination center.
2. Furthermore, consuming alcohol or smoking, or eating inside the exam premises is prohibited. Snacks and drinks like tea and coffee are also prohibited inside the exam hall.
3. Diabetic patients may be allowed to bring sugar tablets or fruits into the hall as well as a water bottle. However, they would not be able to get cooked food inside the exam hall. Edible items like – sweets, chocolate, or sandwiches are not allowed.
4. Inside the examination hall, candidates will not be allowed to wear any jewelry or accessories, such as watches. To prevent being accused of using unfair means, they should dress and with few pockets.
5. Carrying Electronic Devices like – cell phones, calculators, earphones, headphones, pagers, documents, slide rules, log tables, tape recorders, and cameras are not allowed inside the exam hall.
6. Also, one must not carry any stationery inside the exam hall on the JEE Main Exam Dates. These items include – pens, pencils, erasers, rulers, paper, or any textual reference documents. The exam authorities will give candidates the required stationery during the examination.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Day Tips
The exam conducting committee for JEE Main 2021 has outlined few guidelines for the applicants to take the exam smoothly in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some of the guidelines that one must follow on the JEE Main Exam Center.
- Arriving before-time: All candidates must arrive at the test center at least 1 hour early from the start time. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the exam hall after the exam has begun. Each applicant must arrive at the test center stated on their admit card before the deadline. Thus, applicants can complete the formalities on time by arriving early and avoid confusion and last-minute rush.
- Admit card: One of the most important documents needed is the JEE Main Admit Card. Applicants who do not have their respective JEE Main Admit Card will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Unwanted material: Before entering the examination hall, all applicants must ensure that they do not bring any unwanted materials or objects into the examination hall, as mentioned above. Failure to abide by the guidelines will lead to the cancellation of the paper. Candidates may be asked to provide other documents, and the admit card when entering the JEE Main Exam Dates exam hall.
- Attendance Sheet: On entering the exam hall, the invigilator will provide the attendance sheet with the names of candidates attempting the exam. On the form, students will have to sign and mark their attendance. Those who fail to sign the attendance sheet will be marked absent in the exam on the exam day.
In addition to the guidelines mentioned above, candidates must follow the procedures directed by an invigilator before the examination begins. Candidates must arrive at the exam center an hour before the start of the exam. Applicants must follow Social Distancing and must have their masks on at the exam venue.
They should not have anything with them which may be used for unfair means. In case found out, such candidates will get barred from taking the exam. We are sure that those who have read this piece of information till the end will be enlightened on all the guidelines to follow on the JEE Main Exam Dates. We wish you all the luck with the upcoming exams!