Government jobs are a dream for many. SSC CGL is a national-level online exam organised by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to appoint test-takers for various posts across various departments of the Government of India.
- Staff selection commission conducts this examination every year for Grade B and Grade C posts under the Central Government.
- SSC CGL is conducted in four tiers where the first two are computer-based objective questions and are mandatory to pass.
- The third tier includes descriptive pen paper-based examination, and the fourth one will require computer proficiency test and data entry skill test.
- Negative marking is there, for each incorrect answer there is a deduction of .25 marks.
To be able to clear examinations like SSC CGL, proper planning is required so that one can sail through it. Every aspirant inculcates a dream to clear any examination in their first attempt and yes, clearing this tough level national examination in a single attempt is a matter of proud in itself. So let’s see how to clear it in the very first attempt.
Want to clear SSC CGL in the very first attempt? Read the 7 tricks below
Strategising for an exam like this is very important. You must chalk out a nice plan to prepare the exam better. Below given are few important tips which will help you to ace through your SSC CGL examination.
- Know your syllabus and the structure of exam– Preparation of any examination requires knowledge of its syllabus first. Do have a print out of SSC CGL syllabus with you. Must go through all the topics which are given in the syllabus. Identify your strong points and weak points and mark those topics which you don’t know for deep study. Structure of questions can be traced out through previous year question papers. Have a full view of previous year papers, it will help you to know the various types of questions.
- Proper study materials and test series needed– Next step follows with the availability of books and study materials. One must make a list of books required for the preparation of the exam. You can also search for online study materials if required. Watch out for certain online classes which provide guidance about related topics; you can refer to youtube, Unacademy and many more. Find out test series for the exam. Practice makes a man perfect, and to prepare for these national-level examinations, practice is extremely important and hence join a good test series, it can be in the online mode or offline.
- Notes making is the key – Notes play a vital role in the preparation of any examination. Self-prepared notes are the most important thing for any aspirant. So make a habit of making notes. Note making increases Focus, Concentration, Comprehension, and Writing practice.
- Execution without a plan is bad, have a plan for your exam preparation – Make targets and work upon it. Working without planning goes in vain, so have a plan first then move ahead. Divide your goals and have a long term goal then make a short term goal from it. Make a timetable and stick to it. Involve a time for revision in it. Also, Include a time or a day for tests. Focus on your weak areas but never leave your strong ones as your strong portion can turn up into weak if not given attention. So maintain a balance.
- Revision is the game-changer – Humans have a tendency to forget if not recalled frequently, to cope with this issue only revision can help to ace. Do not forget to practice maths and reasoning section, if you leave it you will lose the chance to qualify into SSC CGL.
- Self-belief is important – Have faith in yourself that you will clear this exam in your very first attempt. Faith being the most underrated word is not taken seriously, but it is something which can sail your boat through the storm.
- Meditate and stay fit and healthy – Meditation helps a lot for mental relaxation, so try it. Take rest and relax. Engage with your close ones being it your family or your some close friend but do not forget to get back to study. For the physical well being do regular exercise for at least 15 minutes. Eat healthily, avoid oily and fatty foods as if you will stay healthy; you will be able to utilise the time more.
Clearing SSC CGL requires consistency and strong determination. Study hard with full focus. In the initial stage of your preparation, try to clear your basics and then move ahead. Try to follow all these tips, to clear the exam in your very first attempt.
Update regarding SSC CGL 2020
- SSC CGL 2020 tier-ll and tier-III, the examination is scheduled from 14th to 17th October 2020.
- Tier-IV exams are yet to be announced.
- As per the notice, results of tier-l will be declared in June 2020.
SSC CGL 2020, selection process
For the selection in SSC CGL, a candidate is required to qualify four stages.
- Tier-l: It is a computer-based examination stage. 100 objective multiple choice questions are given. Total marks are 200. After passing in this stage, a candidate can move to the next round of the examination.
- Tier-ll: It is a computer-based test. Four papers are there in this stage, they are Quantitative Ability, English Language in Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies. Only the English section has 200 questions, rest are of 100 questions. Total marks are 200. After passing in this stage, a candidate can move to the next one.
- Tier-ll: This stage is descriptive in nature available in English and Hindi. It is a pen paper-based round. After passing this stage, the candidate can go to the next stage, Tier lV.
- Tier-lV: Tier-lV depends upon your job preference. This stage depends upon your job or post-selection either computer proficiency test is asked to give, or you will be called for document verification.
Clearing all these stages of SSC CGL candidates are allotted Group B or Group C posts in various ministries and organisations all over the country. During this pandemic, when we are unable to go outside, staying fit and healthy is also important. We are hopeful that this guide will provide the necessary information to plan your exam in a better way. All the best!