The Reserve Bank of India will shortly issue ₹ 20 denomination banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, bearing the signature of Shri Shaktikanta Das, Governor, Reserve Bank of India. The new denomination has motif of Ellora Caves on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base colour of the note is Greenish Yellow. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
All the banknotes in the denomination of ₹ 20 issued by the Reserve Bank in the earlier series will continue to be legal tender.
- See through register with denominational numeral 20
- Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari lipi
- Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre
- Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत ‘, ‘INDIA’ and ’20’
- Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI
- Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
- Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
- Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
- Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. Motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral २० in Devnagari.
15. Dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 129 mm