Significantly marking Teachers’ Day 2019, a latest research has revealed impressive statistics for the teaching sector of India.
“Growth in searches for teaching jobs has jumped 40 per cent in 2018-19,” the job site Indeed said.
Tracking the growth since July 2016, the data confirms a 41 percent increase in the searches till July this year; highest being the academic year 2018-19 with an impressive 40 percent.
Job Search Trend
- The year 2016-17 recorded a decrease in the job searches for teaching by 11 percent!
- During 2017-18, the graph altered its way. An increase of 14 percent was recorded in job seeker interest for teaching jobs.
- 2018-19 recorded the highest hike of 40 percent. Many people are searching for teaching jobs
Increased interest in teaching jobs
According to the Job site Indeed, the increase can be credited to the technological advancement in terms of development in digital media. “The advancement of technology and e-learning has led to the rise of online tutor and e-educator jobs.”
The rise of digital media has opened options for new roles and profiles in teaching. Online tutors and e-educators are in demand and people are trying to apply for such profiles.
Salary Perks of new age teaching
The Job site releases a comparison of the average annual salary in various teaching jobs.
- Average annual salary for a teacher in India = Rs 2,19,804
It goes up to Rs 5,88,000 per annum.
- Average annual salary of an online tutor in India = Rs 4,80,000
It goes up to 9,25,000 per annum.
“Salary estimates are based on salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by employees, users, and collected from past and present job advertisements on Indeed in the past 36 months,” Indeed stated.