Schools in China’s virus centre, Wuhan, have reopened. This epicenter of Covid-19 pandemic witnessed its students rushing back to schools. Senior school students of 121 institutions entered the school premises on May 6, 2020- the first time after the shut down in January.
Post Pandemic School View
- The students walked past thermal scanners in a single file. Anyone with high temperature was not allowed
- Campuses have been disinfected and cleaned
- Students and staffs are believed to have had virus tests before going back to school
- Every student wore masks and sat at individual desks
- Students’ desks were one meter apart
- Some schools organized smaller class sizes
- Few schools arranged staggered arrival times for staff and students
China towards normalcy
Schools have started for only senior most students who are due to take the university entrance exams, reports confirm. For junior and middle school students, the back to school schedule is still in discussion. Beijing and Shanghai had its students return last week.
Strict travel restrictions were imposed and cities were shut down to control the spread of pandemic. From December, the virus emerged and spread nationwide thereafter worldwide.
According to the reports, there have been no new cases reported in Hubei province for over a month now. Over a 5-day holiday at the start of the month, there were 115 million domestic trips, with many tourist sites opening. However, attendance was limited.
Foreigners banned for the time being
As China works to control the infection, foreigners stay uninvited. Infections can be brought in from overseas. To avoid this risk, the country has banned foreigners from entering in. However, Chinese nationals across border are welcome. After returning home, they must undergo 14 days of quarantine.